Microsoft NTFS for Mac by Tuxera ships bundled with Tuxera Disk Manager, an application for managing and formatting your drives. On all macOS and Mac OS X versions, you can use either Tuxera Disk Manager or Disk Utility to format your drives. However on Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), you can only use Tuxera Disk Manager to format your drives to NTFS.
- Make sure the data on the USB flash drive is backed up, as everything will be erased!
- Open up Tuxera Disk Manager (Applications -> Tuxera Disk Manager)
- Select your USB flash drive.
- Go to the “Format” tab.
- Select Windows NT File System (Tuxera NTFS) as the File system.
- Select the Volume name by writing it onto the field.
- Click “Format” to format your USB flash drive.
Here is a helpful video on the process: